The Oakland Athletics Baseball Company would like to keep guests informed of our stadium security policies and regulations. The following measures are in place for the safety and comfort of all guests.
Walk-through metal detectors are used at Oakland Coliseum entry gates. Upon entry to the ballpark, fans will have their bags searched and will need to empty pockets before walking through a metal detector. Mobile phones and keys should remain in your pockets during entry. Any open liquids containers need to be empty before you enter the security lines.
The Oakland Athletics are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable environment. Our staff is here to proactively assist you to help ensure a family entertainment experience. We will ensure your experience through enforcement of our Guest Code of Conduct. Oakland Coliseum is a non-smoking facility.
The A's offer a texting service guests can use to ask questions or notify staff of any issues, problems or concerns. Guests can text their message and location to the number 510-216-1989. Dispatch will receive the message and respond accordingly.
The following items will be permitted with the following restrictions:
- Bags brought in to the stadium may not be larger than 16" x 16" x 8". All bags, including backpacks and purses, are subject to search.
- Baseball bats for autographs are permitted before the start of the game only. Once the batting cage is pulled (45 minutes before the game), all bats must be checked in at the Security Office at Section 126 for pick up after the game. Management reserves the right to remove any bats from the stadium at any time deemed necessary.
- Signs and banners may be displayed at games as long as:
-- They do not obstruct the sight line of another guest
-- They are not larger than 3' tall x 6' wide
-- They are not in the field of play.
-- They do not cover up any existing signage.
-- They are not commercial in nature.
-- They do not contain obscene or inflammatory language
-- They are not paraded around the stadium.
- Food (in non-glass containers)
- Hand Sanitizer, Make-up, Lotion and Sunscreen (in non-glass or aerosol containers)
- Laptops and tablets
- Noisemakers (exceptions include compressed air-horns and whistles)
- Factory sealed non-alcoholic beverages under 1 liter in size
- Seat cushions
- Service Animals
- Strollers - must be folded and placed under seats
- Video cameras and GoPro-style cameras for non-commercial use
Management reserves the right to remove any signs or banners at any time. Each banner and sign must comply with our Guest Code of Conduct.
The following items will not be permitted inside the ballpark at any time:
- Bags larger than 16" x 16" x 8"
- Hard coolers of any size
- Cans, glass containers, aerosol cans, alcoholic beverages, or lawn furniture
- Brooms, sticks, selfie sticks, tripods, or poles (guests may bring whisk brooms (not exceeding four feet in height) on days that the A's are going for a "sweep")
- Laser pointers or similar items - anyone observed using a laser pointer or similar device will be ejected, and the device will be confiscated and not returned
- Bubble liquids, bubble machines, or light sticks
- Portable Chairs
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (drones)
- Weapons, Firearms, Knives, Tasers, mace, pepper spray, or any sharp objects including pocket/utility knives of any size and off-duty officers weapons
The A's do not offer Exit/Re-entry privileges from the stadium. Once a guest has exited the stadium, the ticket will not be valid for entry again.
All local municipal codes and ordinances apply at Oakland Coliseum regarding prohibited activities in the parking lot and inside the stadium.